Here are some of the areas you can invest and make your own money without tears. As you grow in the business, you can expand your portfolio or start big straight away. In this article, I will only deal with real estate categories that are peculiar to Nigeria, especially for beginner real estate entrepreneur.
- Land Flipping – (Where to find cheap Land in Lagos) Flipping land when investing in real estate is a Trans view of house flipping which most people don’t think of. It is far more common to flip houses, meaning buying houses renovate and spruce them up and selling them quickly for a profit. Land, it is assumed, is something you speculate on longer-term. But the proposal here is a strategy that makes flipping land not only possible, but safer than dealing with houses.
You can buy a property and then sell it on a “land contract” which is sometimes called a “contract for sale,” and other names, this simply means taking payments from a buyer, and then delivering the title when the property is paid for in full. It’s a great way to make money with real estate if you already have some money to invest, and it is the basis for safely flipping land. The reason is that when you buy for cash you can get the best price, and when you make it convenient for the next purchaser by offering easy terms, you can get a higher sales price. Buy low for cash and sell high for easy payments–that’s the basic strategy. As you progress in the business you can buy in acres and sell for huge profit.
2. Open Space Leasing – (real estate marketing in nigeria) This is a simple and unique way of real estate transaction. Buy a property in a good location and put it on lease for makeshift use. You can lease it to Restaurants, Car park, churches or business that wants to develop a makeshift outlet such as car wash and mechanics. From this type of real estate investment, you will be receiving monthly rentals while the property still appreciates for future sell. It is like eating your cake and having it back.
3. Real Estate Agency – (real estate business in nigeria) Imagine working for yourself in a flexible career where you can set your own schedule with annual earning potential over N4,000,000 or more. There are so many reasons to choose real estate as your career. But, there are always two sides to every story, and a real estate career is no different i.e. the wins, the loss and the delays.
Becoming a real estate agent is a major move in anyone’s career. People enter into real estate from various occupations and careers and at various stages of their engagements. Everyone has different opinions and reasons why they think real estate is the better choice for them. But, one question consistently comes from people looking to enter the real estate industry: “How do I become a real estate agent?”
Real estate agency is a service oriented business which requires little or no capital. The realtor goes round and looks for properties to let and for sale, advertise her service and help secure clients for the property owners for n agreed percentage as commission base on the amount the property is sold or rented.
A good real estate agent is similar in nature to a conductor, coordinating the different players to make a successful transaction a reality. At different points in the process, the real estate agent is a salesperson, a buyer’s advocate, an analyst, a business manager, a consultant, a negotiator, and a marketer, just to name a few. We have found there are a number of qualities and traits that successful real estate professionals share.
4. Property Development – (real estate developers in nigeria) Real estate development is a multifaceted business that ranges from the renovation and re-lease of existing buildings to the purchase of raw land and the sale of developed land or parcels to others. Real estate developers are the people and companies who coordinate all of these activities, converting ideas from paper to real property. Property development is where the real estate’s top shot are plying the super profit game. They acquire properties in nice locations, develop it into luxury apartments, commercial structures, etc and sell at a very high profit margin. If you spend N100 million to develop a property, be sure you are going to sell for N200million.
5. House/Office Rent –(real estate jobs in nigeria 2017) this has been the traditional and age long form of real estate where you build a house and put up the space for rent. The space can be for residential, hospitality, office, production Centre, sports etc. and earn rentals yearly or monthly as the terms implies.